- A $10 cleaning charge will
be added to your bill.
- It goes without saying (but we'll say it
anyway) that all canine visitors
will be very well behaved, non-aggressive, completely housebroken,
well-groomed & flea free. Please also make
sure that all vaccinations are current.
- When packing to come, don't forget your dog's
favorite food/water dishes, blanket, toy(s), extra leash and food!
arrive before dark. We want your pet(s) and
ours to meet in the parking area where there is plenty of room for the
required rituals and circle dances. All the owners should be
present to provide canine security as well.
- We expect
that your pet will be
compatible with our dog: Sam belongs to Jo, Blue Heron's
owner. He is a healthy and vororous 10 years old and takes his host responsibilities
Sam has boundless love, energy and curiosity and has shared territory
with other dogs all his life. But remember, he
considers it his job to keep intruders out as he does with bears
and wolves. So it is our job to make sure that Sam meets your dog and knows that your dog is OK here. SO:
- Have your dog meet Sam out in the parking lot with one of our staff there and where they can move
freely. Meeting inside the house is asking for trouble between dogs.
- Shortly after arrival here give your pet a good
long walk. The change of pace after a long confinement will help with
the adjustment, to the new environment and to Sam.
- We don't have pooper scooper or leash laws up
here in the wilderness but if your dog leaves droppings on a path or in
the parking area please scoop it up (scoops handy at bottom of stairs).
Recycle the contribution into the woods - plastic bags are neither
necessary or desirable.
- Please dry wet pets and or pet paws as you
enter the B&B. There are hampers with dog towels by
the lakeside door.
- Please keep pets from jumping on
the furniture and bed in the room, or bring a blanket from your home
and cover the bed.
- A rubber mat will be placed in your room for
food and water dishes.
- Please do not leave dogs in your room
unattended. We have a kennel crate available for those few
times when your dog cannot accompany you.
- Remember. . .
we live in wolf
territory. You are advised to supervise your dog
very sure of your dog's boating behavior
before you take your pet out in a canoe. I've found that it is
best to have a dog ride in front of the bow-paddler and thus stay in
one place. It works.
- Your dog's health, safety, and obedience are,
at ALL times, your responsibility (as are any repairs to furnishings
necessitated by an unruly pet).
- Should an "accident" occur in the B&B ,
please advise us immediately
so that permanent damage may be prevented. Cleaning charges will apply.
- Please feel free to discuss any specific
questions you may have.
reserve the right to refuse
lodging to any pet who does not meet these requirements.